Resilient Me by Sam Owen
Spending time alone in your own company reinforces your self-worth and is often the number-one way to replenish your resilience reserves.” “Your subconscious mind is paying attention to how you treat yourself.
In the first phase of the coronavirus quarantines, we spent a good deal of our time fretting about how we would fill it. During our daily life we often complain about our situation. We complain about having to wake up early, go to school or work and about not having enough time about ourselves. All of us have different talents, different dreams and many of us don’t have enough time to work on their dreams.
People come shattered home from work, eat and just need to rest. But now we are at the time where we all have to stay home.We can save lives by staying home. Most of us don’t have to work during this global pandemic.
Instead we get worried that we can’t go out, we can’t meet friends, we can’t go to parties, we should look at it from a positive perspective and be thankful that we finally can spend time with ourselves.
We have time to focus on our dreams, to spend more time with our family ( children, parents, siblings). You can finally rest, you can get to know yourself better, find out what you like and what you wanna be.
How to spend your time during self isolation at home
The most important thing is to stay calm and not panic.We can’t control things and the only thing we can do is to think positive and support each other. I will mention some things, you can do while in quarantine:
Take care of yourself
- Sleep well: sleeping enough can help you be more energetic during the day.
- Drink enough water: our body should be hydrated and this helps balance your blood sugar, helps relieve headaches, and promotes healthy skin
- Take care of your skin/hair: -put face masks on, try different hair masks etc…
If you don’t exercise because of being busy, you are now out of excuses. Use the lockdown time as a chance to get your dream body, who knows it isn’t that difficult. There are tones of exercises to do without any equipment, and online fitness platforms are here to help you.
Exercise: Exercising has many health benefits: both physically and mentally. It reduces heart diseases, improves your mental health, strengthens your bones and muscles, helps you control your weight etc…Try to exercise every day a bit, even small changes can help.
- Stretch it out for at least 30 seconds
- Work on your breathing, because anxiety is real
- Yoga or Pranayama
- MORNING EXERCISE FOR FITNESS
- EXERCISE FOR FITNESS
- Improve Your Flexibility With These Effective Yoga Exercises
- Top 10 Effective Weight Loss Tips For Women
Boost your mental health
- Tell yourself something positive – Research shows that how you think about yourself can have a powerful effect on how you feel. When we perceive our self and our life negatively, we can end up viewing experiences in a way that confirms that notion. Instead, practice using words that promote feelings of self-worth and personal power.
- Meditate: Meditation trains your mind
- Sit or lie comfortably
- Close your eyes
- Breath naturally
- Focus on your breath.Notice the movement of your body while breathing.
- Repeat some words to yourself e.g everything will be good.Meditation helps you to become more peaceful, less worried, more attentive to everything in your life.
Enhance Reading and writing Skills – During COVID-19
- Find a book you like and read it: reading keeps our mind active and gives us knowledge
- Start a Blog ( this is what I did): write about any interests you might have
- Write in your diary: writing down your thoughts and everything that is in your mind helps you come to terms with your feelings and record all your thoughts and feelings
Time To Learn New Language
- learning a new language keeps your brain fit and increases your brain power
- when learning a new language you develop yourself further
- Download Or watch online movies in other languages, watch youtube videos – all these can help you learn a new language
Pursue Your Hobbies OR Sharp Your Skills
Now you have time to pursue your hobbies. If you feel like you don’t have any hobbies, try new hobbies. The most important thing is that you enjoy it. A good hobby is entertaining, fulfilling and will enhance your life. There’re in fact many mental benefits of having hobbies.
But hobbies can often also be very expensive. Luckily, there are still lots of cheap and even free hobbies that are fun, educational and rewarding.
Here is a list of hobbies that you can try:
- Write A Themed List, And Work Through It
- Watch Online Documentaries
- Learn New Things
- Play Board Games
- Learn How To Cook
- Try Drawing
- Teach Yourself A Language
- Play Free Games
Spend Time with Your Family
Since we all have been so busy working or going to school, we rarely spend time with our Family. Now is the best time to know your children,parents or siblings, grandparents better. Spend time with each other ( if you live in the same house), play board games, eat meals together, cook together, make jokes together and show them how much they matter to you.